Image: Delta Airlines
- Delta Air Lines is set to resume flights between Atlanta in the USA and Johannesburg in South Africa on 1 August.
- Delta last flew to South Africa in March 2020, with travel restrictions suspending the route for more than a year.
- The airline’s Airbus A350-900, featuring Delta One Suites, will make its inaugural journey to South Africa.
- The resumption of flights follows United Airline’s return to South Africa earlier in June.
- For more stories go to www.BusinessInsider.co.za.
The United States’ Delta Air Lines will return to South Africa on 1 August, offering flights between Atlanta and Johannesburg in its new Airbus A350-900 – with an all-suites business-class cabin.
As the global vaccine rollout gathers momentum, airlines are tentatively reintroducing flights on routes dormant since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic. Delta Air Lines, which operated regular weekly flights between the US and South Africa prior to the pandemic, scrapped its…