New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday extended the ongoing lockdown for another week up to May 17 morning and asserted that metro train services will be halted during the period. This is the fourth time when Kejriwal has extended the lockdown in the national capital which was first imposed on April 19. Earlier, the Delhi Chief Minister had extended the lockdown till May 10. Address an online media briefing, Kejriwal said although COVID-19 cases have come down in the last few days, any slackness would squander the gains achieved so far in the current wave of the pandemic. During the shutdown period, essential services will be allowed, however, anyone travelling in the NCT (National Capital Territory) will require an e-pass issued by the Delhi government (except for those involved in essential services). Also Read – Lockdown Extended in Delhi Till May 17: Metro Services Shut, Public Weddings Banned | All Details
Can You Travel From Noida/Ghaziabad to Delhi During Shutdown Period? Also Read – Lockdown In Uttar Pradesh Extended Till May 17. Inter-District Travel Banned
To travel amidst the lockdown, a person (who is not involved in essential activities) needs to have a valid e-pass. Also Read – Delhi Lockdown: More Than 60 Per Cent Traders Favour Extension of Total Shutdown
Who Needs An E-Pass?
- People working in IT and Internet services, broadcasting and cable services.
- Banks employees
- People going to ATM.
- Private security personnel.
Here’s how you can apply for an e-pass online.
- Step 1: Login to epass.jantasamvad.org
- Step 2: Select your preferred language
- Step 2: Now, select ‘e-pass for travel during curfew’ and click on Submit.
- Step 3: Fill the form
- Step 4: Upload your identification proof.
- Step 5: Once your application will be approved, you will receive an SMS.
- Step 6: Download the E-Pass or you can take a print out
Follow These Steps to check e-pass status?
- Login to https://epass.jantasamvad.org/epass/init/.
- Choose the…