The Maharashtra government has extended restrictions till June 15 with certain relaxations including inter-district travels. Those who need to travel during the stated time period within the state will now require an e-pass.
Who needs to apply for an e-pass for travel?
Those who want to travel outside their districts are required to get an e-pass. Presently, citizens of Maharashtra can travel outside districts only for limited emergency reasons, which include extreme medical emergency, death, marriage etc.
Here’s how to apply for an e-pass in Maharashtra
- Go to the official e-pass portal
- Click on the tab ‘apply for a pass here.
- On the next page, select the district you want to travel to.
- Submit the necessary documents.
- Mention the reason for your extreme emergency travel.
- Combine all the relevant documents in a single file while uploading.
- After submitting the application, you will receive a token ID. Save it, and use it to check the status of your application.
- After the verification and approval by the concerned departments, you can download the e-pass using the token ID.
- The e-pass will contain your details, vehicle number, validity and a QR code.
-Keep a soft/hard copy with you while travelling and show it to the police when asked.
The e-pass will contain your details, vehicle number, validity, and a QR code. Keep a soft or hard copy with you while travelling and show it to the police when asked.
What documents are required for application?
A valid identity proof
Medical fitness certificate
Wedding cards or related documents for marriage
Medical report of persons travelling for medical emergency or death certificate in the case of death
Document pertaining to other emergency purposes are required
Maharashtra recorded 14,123 new coronavirus cases on Tuesday,, and 477 fresh deaths, the state health department said. With the addition of 14,123 Covid-19 cases, the state’s…